Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day


Mother's Day

I look for you, but I don’t know your face.
I listen for you when the children play,
But I’ve never heard your laughter.
I hear one crying, calling for Momma,
I wonder if you’re doing the same.
Crying. Wondering who will come to your aid.
I look for you.

I miss you, but I’ve never touched your skin.
Mother’s day leaves me feeling empty-armed once again.
How many mothers Day’s have you spent motherless?
Will you believe with me that God makes beauty from the ashes?
That someday our aching hearts will be united?
Until then, you’re as close as a heartbeat, even while the miles separate.
I miss you.

I love you, you are the child of my heart.
I dream of you, while I sleep and when I am awake.
No blood line but the blood of Jesus is required,
To make us family, and you belong forever.
I will fight, through blood and sweat and tears;
Whatever it takes, child. Whatever it takes.
I love you. 



Dedicated to all the motherless children. And specifically those who, God providing, will one day claim the Lahman name. 

5 comments:

  1. wow Carrie...tears* I thought of you this morning...sometimes I don't know what to say because I don't want my words to offend or come out wrong or I don't want to ask because I understand how hard the questions are. Please know how much I can understand your sadness... I am mourning with you and when you see that sweet face of yours I will be rejoicing with you! Much love from one Mamma to the next! I can only imagine the first time you meet your child...I wish I could be there to see your tears of joy! You will be so HAPPY you made this journey! TRUST ME! you will be ever so glad to fly across that ocean to beautiful Ethiopia and drive in a car to the orphanage gate and be led to the room where your child is...it is a great GREAT joy to wrap your arms around a little coco brown skinned sweetheart...{{hugs}} its gonna be worth it! Hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this...
    Sigh. Love you.
    I can't wait to see who HE brings to your arms.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you for your faithful Mama's heart. In due season you shall reap...and I pray the time is so very near for you. Love and Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Carrie. Praying for you as I know exactly the feelings that are wafting through you. We waited three years to bring our children home after we signed the first life-changing document. Looking back, we know that it was for the best, as Addie was born just one month before we signed the papers, and Will was born 18 months later. Had it gone as WE had planned, we wouldn't have Addie and Will in our home right now. Praying for a calm and quiet spirit for you and Dave. While I don't know you well, I'd be glad to listen if you ever need to vent. Praying.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carrie. I agree with Kristy.. I know I don't have the right words. And the last thing in the world I want to do is to add hurt to your aching heart. BUT- I do want you to know that I am PRAYING. And I love you so very much. I am longing for the day that your arms are full. Love you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete